PM Browne names a Youthful and Experienced Senatorial Team
ST. JOHN’S, Antigua & Barbuda – 20th June 2014…….Newly elected Prime Minister the Honourable Gaston Browne has dispatched to Governor General Dame Louise Lake-Tack his appointments to the Government’s Senatorial team in the Upper House of Parliament.
“I have opted for a combination of youth and experience in keeping with the Antigua and Barbuda Labour Party’s philosophy of ensuring that we have an across the board representative force in the decision making process in government. Our youth are very important to achieving our goals in rebuilding Antigua and Barbuda and therefore I am contented that the individuals selected will represent our aspirations well,” noted Prime Minister Browne.
The complete list of Senators recommended to Governor General Dame Louse Lake Tack for appointment is as follows:
- Senator the Honourable Lennox O’Reilly Weston
Minister of State within the Ministry of Finance & Corporate Governance
- Senator the Honourable Maureen Payne-Hyman
Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Legal Affairs, Public Safety, Immigration and Labour
- Senator the Honourable Londel Turham McAlister Benjamin
Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Social Transformation and Human Resource Development
- Senator the Honourable Colin Lesley Anderson James
Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Trade, Commerce, Industry, Sports, Culture and National Festivals
- Senator the Honourable Alincia Toshiba Harriet Williams-Grant
- Senator the Honourable Cheryl Mary Clare Hurst
- Senator the Honourable Michael Nathaniel St. Patrick Freeland
- Senator the Honourable Wigley Franklin Nathaniel George
- Senator the Honourable Shenella Mary Shadida Govia
- Senator the Honourable Osbert Richard Frederick
- Senator the Honourable Adrian Lee (Prime Minister’s Nominee from Barbuda)
The new Senators will take the Oaths and receive their Instruments of Appointment at a Ceremony at Government House on Monday 23rd June.
The Senators will take their Oaths of Parliament on Wednesday 25, when the Upper House convenes at 1: 30 p.m. The Lower House of Parliament will convene at 9:30 a.m. also on Wednesday.
Short URL: http://caribarena.com/?p=543